Technical SEO implementations
Technical SEO implementations on this website.
The following technical features are implemented within this CMS in order to comply with all (read: most) Google guidelines:
- PWA caching
- service worker be found on service-worker.js
- activated in footer
- AMP option per page
- gzip compression
- friendly non-php URLs
- meta tags
- title, description, viewport, content, charset, theme color
- canonicals for duplicate content
- noindex, follow for category pages
- metanoindex, nofollow for admin section
- only content pages and homepage are indexed
- sitemap - only single pages and homepage
- viewport max-scale 5 (pingdom recommendation)
- screen reader accessibility with aria-labels
- Schema.org structured data for articles
Progressive Web Apps and service workers
This website is running a service worker in the background for several reasons. Firstly, a dedicated page (/offline.html) is cached and accessible even when no internet connection is available. Secondly, by following all guidelines a score of 100 is given in the Lighthouse test. This may or may not be a ranking factor and may or may not trigger a pop up to be installed on your desktop/homescreen.
AMP option per page
For each individual page AMP can be enabled or disabled. When enabled, a new AMP version of the page is created and a AMP canonical tag is created on the main page. Instead of automatically converting the contents of the main page you can manually enter customized AMP content.